The NeighborWorks Blackstone River Valley HomeOwnership Center is committed to assuring the privacy of individuals and/or families who have contacted us for assistance. We realize that the concerns you bring to us are highly personal in nature. We assure you that all information shared both orally and in writing will be managed within legal and ethical considerations. Your “nonpublic personal information,” such as your total debt information, income, living expenses and personal information concerning your financial circumstances, will be provided to creditors, program monitors, and others only with your authorization and signature on the “Authorization and Release of Information” form. We may also use anonymous aggregated case file information for the purpose of evaluating our services, gathering valuable research information and designing future programs.
Types of information that we gather about you
- Information we receive from you orally,on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income;
- Information about your transactions with us, your creditors, or others, such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage; and
- Information we receive from a credit reporting agency, such as your credit history.
You may opt-out of certain disclosures
1. You have the opportunity to “opt-out” of disclosures of your nonpublic personal information to third parties (such asyour creditors), that is, direct us not to make those disclosures.
2. If you choose to “opt-out”, we will not be able to answer questions from your creditors. If at any time, you wish to change your decision with regard to your “opt-out”you may do so at any time by submitting a written request to our office (719 Front Street Suite 101, Woonsocket, RI 02895)
Release of your information to third parties
1. So long as you have not opted-out, we may disclose some or all of the information that we collect, as described above, to your creditors or third parties where we have determined that it would be helpful to you, would aid us in counseling you, or is a requirement of grant awards which make our services possible.
2. We may also disclose any nonpublic personal information about you or former customers to anyone as permitted by law (e.g., if we are compelled by legal process).
3. Within the organization, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Statement of Confidentiality
All personal information will be kept strictly confidential. Information contained in this document will be used for program evaluation purposes only
I understand that I have been provided with information only and am not obligated to choose any of the loan programs, services, housing products or recommendations discussed.